Health and Environment: Curriculum
◊ Curriculum ◊
- State of New Jersey Department of Environment Protection - State Environmental Education Directory (SEEDS)
- This web site was designed, and is maintained by, the Environmental Education Program in the Office of Communications, part of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). The site is updated on a regular basis. Its comprehensiveness and currency are made possible through the ongoing cooperation of numerous department programs and staff.
- New York City Environmental Protection: Drinking Water:
- - NYC Water on the Go
- - Reservoir Levels
- - Current Releases
- - Drinking Water Supply & Quality Report
- - History of New York City’s Water Supply System
- Regulatory Information by Topic
- EPA develops and enforces regulations that span many environmental topics, from acid rain reduction to wetlands restoration. Each topic listed below may include related laws and regulations, compliance and enforcement information, and policies and guidance.
- Source: US Environmental Protection Agency
Public Health and Healthcare:
- Health Coverage Rights and Protections
- Use this guide to learn about the health care law protects your rights
- US Department of Homeland Security
- The Healthcare and Public Health Sector protects all sectors of the economy from hazards such as terrorism, infectious disease outbreaks, and natural disasters.
- Centers for Disease Control and Protection
- What is public health? Public health is the science of protecting and improving the health of families and communities through promotion of healthy lifestyles, research for disease and injury prevention and detection and control of infectious diseases.
Science in the Public Service:
- Science Serving the Nation
- Science is about service- about a commitment to expanding human knowledge and driving discovery. It can drive innovation, technology development, and economic progress. Source: Office of Science, U.S. Department of Energy
- All NASA Education Projects Listed Alphabetically
- National Science Teachers Association
- Free Resources for Teachers
- Resources for teaching Evolution
- Safety in the Science Classroom
Protecting the Public's Interests:
- Rutgers Institute on Anti-Corruption Studies
- Rutgers Institute on Anti-Corruption Studies (RIACS) is operating in the School of Public Affairs and Administration. RIACS aims to build a multi-disciplinary and multi-national network focusing on research, education, and course development on counter corruption. The mission of the institute is to conduct research on private and public corruption and devise ways to reduce it. The institute has established a global network of associates, and these renowned researchers and practitioners build on their experience and work collaboratively with Rutgers faculty to help achieve the mission.
- Contracting that Works: A Toolkit for State and Local Governments, 2010
- By David Madland and Karla Walter, Center for American Progress Action Fund; and Paul Sinn and Tsedeye Gebreselassie, National Employment Law Project.
- Source: In the Public Interest (ITPI)
- The Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue
- The Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD) is a forum of US and EU consumer organizations which develops and agrees on joint consumer policy recommendations to the US government and European Union to promote the consumer interest in EU and US policy making.